Event has already taken place!
All Hands On Deck: Cross-Curricular Support for Geometry and Measurement Please register by November 10, 2022 Many of the Palm Beach County Private Schools continue to identify geometry and measurement as
All Hands On Deck:
Cross-Curricular Support for Geometry and Measurement
Please register by November 10, 2022
Many of the Palm Beach County Private Schools continue to identify geometry and measurement as low-performing areas in their math standardized assessments. The whole school staff can help rectify the situation. During this session, we will look at strategies to build math knowledge using a cross-curricular approach. Every teacher will leave with strategies to build math awareness using their topic and should reap the bonus of students having better developed critical thinking and logic skills. Teachers will explore hands-on activities and develop low-prep, easy-to-implement strategies with the expectation that, with consistency, student gains can be achieved.
- Discuss how this cross-curricular approach strengthens other courses taught and promotes critical thinking and logic skills
- Develop a lesson that includes hands-on activities to strengthen the greatest area of need
- Determine how to support ESE students
- Create a plan to build the students’ understanding of geometry & measurement across curriculum
- Teachers get paid $25.00 an hour for attendance and in-service points.
- Additional ESE certification points can be earned through a follow-up assignment.
- Ongoing support for implementation through ConnectedClass.com is available for site-licensed schools.
Who should attend?
- Any teacher who wants to develop lessons that engage and equip students for the real world.
- Any teacher who wants to help bridge the gap between where students should be in their geometry and measurement awareness, and what their standardized tests now show.
- Any administrator who wants to see their school achieve gains in geometry and measurement.
- We have two different Events menus. The Events button on the home page is open to all schools. To sign up for this session, you must log in to ConnectedClass.com and go to the Events (PBC) button that is associated with your membership. Select the training date and complete the registration form. Watch this video for step-by-step directions.
(Saturday) 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
Virtual Event Details