Event has already taken place!
Let’s Get Organized!: An Exploration of Text Structures Please register by October 20, 2022 Do you want to help your students identify text structures and understand how they contribute to and
Let’s Get Organized!: An Exploration of Text Structures
Please register by October 20, 2022
Do you want to help your students identify text structures and understand how they contribute to and convey meaning in informational texts? During this session, participants will explore strategies to teach students to identify and understand text structures such as description, problem and solution, chronological, compare and contrast, cause and effect, and sequence.
- Discuss types of text structures
- Engage in identifying signal words/phrases authors use when organizing texts
- Explore ways to actively engage students in identifying and explaining text structures, orally and in writing
- Discuss how to support ESE students
- Determine how to get parents involved
- Teachers get paid $25.00 an hour for attendance and earn reading in-service points towards new state reading requirement for recertification.
- Additional ESE certification points can be earned through a follow-up assignment.
- Ongoing support for implementation through ConnectedClass.com is available for site- licensed schools.
Who should attend?
- Any teacher who wants to learn how to teach text structure in ways that support the new Florida B.E.S.T. Standards.
- Any administrator who wants to learn more about how to support teachers with teaching the Florida B.E.S.T. Standards, particularly the ones pertaining to text structure.
- There are two different menus for Events on the website – one for the public and one for members. The Events button on the home page is open to all schools. To sign up for this session, you must log in to ConnectedClass.com and go to the Events (PBC) button that is associated with your membership. Select the training date and complete the registration form. Watch this video for step-by-step directions.
(Saturday) 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
Virtual Event Details