Last modified: June 2023
Christel-Clear Learning Innovations, LLC d/b/a Connected Classis is a platform providing educator resources and educational lessons that can be shared between school and home. The platform supports meaningful two-way communication with families directed around student academic needs. Educators send resources based on student need, and families can communicate directly back to the educator to ask questions, request additional resources, or share successes.
Commitment to Your Privacy
Connected Class understands the importance of privacy for all users including administrators, educators, and families whose information is accessed on behalf of the School. Connected Class respects individuals’ privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from users and visitors of the site and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Children Under the Age of 18
The Connected Class website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the website. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this website or on or through any of its features/register on the website, make any purchases through the website, use any of the interactive or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a minor without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
We collect information from individual users, including the following information by which you may be personally identifiable information (PII), such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number.
We collect personal information that your School discloses and website-use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our website.
Basic Information your school provides to us
- Admin Role: name, title, email address,
- Educator Role: name, title, email address, classes
- Parent/Guardian/Contact Role: name, phone number, email address, relationship to student, student name
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website – This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, placing an order, responding to a survey, creating username/password, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our website.
As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Connected Class obeys laws that protect education records. This includes the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”) and state laws about student records. Other entities can access those records only if allowed by those laws and they agree to keep them confidential as required by those same laws. We do not use a student’s PII to target the student for advertising nor do we sell PII. We do not use (unless We ask for and receive permission) a student’s PII for purposes unrelated to providing or improving their education where we are prohibited by law from doing so. If any part of this policy conflicts with FERPA or other laws, we will obey the standard that provides more protection for the education records.
How We Use Your Information
Your privacy and student privacy is extremely important to us. The educator, family and student data we collect is used for communication and educational purposes at the discretion of your School only. We use the information we collect to provide safe, efficient, and customized experiences. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide directly or that your school provides, including any personal information:
- To Manage the Service: We use the information we collect to provide personalized services and features to you and provide you with customer support. In addition we use the information we collect to analyze how you use the services and features so that we can measure and improve those services and features.
- To present our website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices as well as our ability to send you push notifications, notices, emails or calendar invites on your behalf.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent and authorization.
- Connected Class shall not provide any PII to any person, party or organization ineligible to receive educator or student records protected by FERPA, federal regulation, state law or regulation or so prohibited from receiving school data.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Connected Class, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertisers.
Connected Class does not use educator, family, student, or user records or data collected for purposes of targeted advertising. Connected Class avoids the use of any users data for any advertising or marketing purposes, for example, by inhibiting third-party advertising networks from collecting information for targeted advertising purposes. Additionally, we do not knowingly direct targeted advertising to individuals on our service or on any other website or online service.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Individuals with accounts can review and change personal information by logging into the website and visiting their account profile page.
Users may also send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
State Privacy Rights
Connected Class has implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Data Breach Policy
If Connected Class becomes aware of a security breach it will notify the school and impacted users as required by applicable laws. The goal is to provide notice within three business days after we’ve been made aware of the breach.
We keep information collected on behalf of our Customers for as long as necessary and pursuant to contractual terms or as otherwise required by applicable law.
What cookies do we use?
- Strictly necessary cookies are essential for the running of a website. Without the use of these cookies, you may not be able to use some of the features of websites.
- Performance cookies monitor website performance and collect anonymous data on how visitors use a website. These cookies provide information to help improve how a website works.
- Functionality cookies are used to remember user preferences so that the website can be customized for them.
How can this Cookie Notice be modified?
This Cookie Notice may be amended from time to time, at our sole discretion. Any and all changes to this Cookie Notice will be reflected here and the date of the latest version of the Cookie Notice will be stated at the top of this website.
PO Box 120487
West Melbourne, FL 32912